Benjamin Holmberg wrote:
Hello-

This is my first foray into pl/psql so forgive me if I sound totally incompetent.

I've been writing a few functions, and have come across some screwing data typing issues.

When creating a function which accepts a single argument, things work just fine, variable can be used throughout the function as expected with no modification.
When creating functions containing two or more arguments, I have to explicity cast the arguments whenever I use them (loading/casting into another variable is an option, haven't tried though) to prevent runtime errors. The functions get called just fine, but then run into problems using any of the given arguments.

Could you perhaps give an example function? Something with one or two lines of code perhaps. Oh, and how you are calling it too.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq