At 9:40 PM +0400 4/19/05, Alexandre wrote:
Lane, thank you, but it is not: PostISAM "generates SQL statements on the fly from traditional ISAM (read, write, start) statements", so it just add overhead, and is not what I'm looking for.

Speaking from experience, as I have a system which hides Postgres behind an ISAM interface (though not PostISAM -- I rolled my own DB library) as part of a legacy 4GL migration, the overhead's ignorable. Dismissing it for that reason's not a good idea.