What I was trying to do was export the database on one computer and import it onto another. I gave up trying to fix the export problem since I had an old backup of the database. It was old enough that it was short three tables, but I have the raw tab delimited data so I just reconstructed the database on this new machine. I've been running Gentoo for about a year and a half now, and in the early days, I did not fully understand all of the possible USE settings, but I've gotten more comfortable with it over time. As you probably know, once you've settled on what your USE settings should be, you can rebuild your system to reflect those new settings. I did that, and since everything appeared to be working OK, I assumed everything was OK, but obviously the damage to PostgreSQL was already done. Anyway, I think my settings now are pretty conservative and I know ot to play around with the Postgres USE flags. One of the reasons I'm migrating is to do a complete rebuild and apply what I've learned about Gentoo from scratch on a new computer. Here are my settings, as you asked. I don't think they're too out of line, but...