Tom Lane wrote:
> John Browne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I was curious if there was a way to get the DDL for a particular table
> > from the psql client console?
>
> No.  Try
>       pg_dump -s -t tablename dbname

Oh, from psql:  :-)  (We really should have an easier way of show all
information from psql)

        test=> CREATE TABLE test (x SERIAL);
        NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "test_x_seq" for
        serial column "test.x"
        CREATE TABLE
        test=> \! pg_dump -s -t test test
        --
        -- PostgreSQL database dump
        --

        SET client_encoding = 'SQL_ASCII';
        SET check_function_bodies = false;

        SET search_path = public, pg_catalog;

        SET default_tablespace = '';

        SET default_with_oids = false;

        --
        -- Name: test; Type: TABLE; Schema: public; Owner: postgres; Tablespace:
        --

        CREATE TABLE test (
            x serial NOT NULL

        ALTER TABLE public.test OWNER TO postgres;

        --
        -- PostgreSQL database dump complete