[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In my *utter* lack of enthusiasm over this option, I was gathering
ammunition for better hardware.  I went to spec.org for speed comparisons,
and sun.com for price comparisons.  Sun's *entry* level servers are more
powerful when running AMD CPUs.

Just in case people still hold a bias against CISC processors capable of running x86 code as necessarily inferior to more expensive 64-bit RISC processors, in spite of the overwhelmingly obvious specint results to the contrary, I'd like to offer up this little baby:

http://www.cray.com/products/xt3/index.html

Something everyone should have in their office...

Mike Mascari