Zlatko Matic wrote:
I asked this question several weeks ago, but nobody proposed a solution, so I am repeating the same question again...
I have an MS Access front-end for a database on PostgreSQL.
I could use pass-through queries as record sources for reports and it works fine...
Unfortunately, MS Access doesn't allow pass-through queries to be records sources for subforms.
Therefore I tried to base subforms on regular JET queries on linked tables. It was too slow...
Then I tried to base subforms on DAO recordset code generated from pass-through QueryDef objects. Although it worked, it was very unstable...

Now it seems to me that POstgreSQL views are the best solution, but Access considers views as tables (!) and needs column with unique values.
All those views are complicated queries on several tables, so I can't use any table's column as primary key. I need a calculated column in the view that Access will consider as primary key column.
In regular tables, I use bigserial field, but how can I create calculated bigserial column in a view ?

Thanks.

     joining column's datatypes do not match

Another option is to toss the MS Access altogether and program the front end entirely in VB. That is what we did.

--
Kind Regards,
Keith