--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I post to this list occasionally, and yet get maybe one spam email a
> month.
> YMMV.  Don't tell anyone, but I got a line on a great deal in
> Nigeria.
>
> Rick

I posted on this list with this yahoo.com address and now receive
upwards of 30-40 spam emails per day.  I was more than slightly
irritated to see that whoever operates the list<->usenet gateway
doesn't bother to obfuscate our email addresses.

Fortunately, yahoo's spam filter correctly categorizes 99% of the
incoming spam properly and places it in the bulk mail folder but this
account used to only receive maybe 5 spam emails a month.

Regards,

Shelby Cain