On Jun 10, 2005, at 5:51 AM, Dinesh Pandey wrote:


Hi Richard/ Michael
�
Thanks for your great help.
�
I got the problem.
�
Actually, I was not getting the cause of this problem, because it was working properly at our end.
�
Actually this problem occurs when the function is being created by the user who has not created the current database.
�
Solution: The database must be created by the user who is creating the pltcl function? Right

Dinesh,

The user creating the function must be a superuser. The question to ask is: How do I make a user a superuser? The answer is in the documentation at these two links. It suffices to ALTER USER to have CREATEUSER privileges to be a superuser.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/user-attributes.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-alteruser.html

I hope this clarifies things a bit.
Sean

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Reply via email to