i had the exact same thing using the same scenario but with pg 8.0.3 installed on the same win XP pro machine. The strange thing is when I closed the table and opened it again, all the fields containing #deleted then showed up with the values I actually input. So i'm thinking theres some bug in refreshing the table each time you enter a new record.

From: "Ets ROLLAND" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Subject: [GENERAL] Pb with linked tables on PG8
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 13:19:57 +0200

Hello !

I have an Access database using linked tables on PG 8.0.3 (on Windows 2003 server).
I use pgODBC 8.00.01.01.
Some tables appear like deleted !
In Access I see :
Categ : Table
vt_cat            vt_libcat
#Supprimé    #Supprimé
#Supprimé    #Supprimé
#Supprimé    #Supprimé
#Supprimé    #Supprimé
#Supprimé    #Supprimé
#Supprimé    #Supprimé
#Supprimé    #Supprimé
#Supprimé    #Supprimé
(Supprmé means deleted in French)
I try to delete the link and recreate it, same problem !
I try a VACUUM FULL ANALYSE on the database, same problem !
How can I solve this problem ? Why ?
Many thanks for all your explainations.
Regards.

Luc