Richard Huxton wrote:
Ben-Nes Yonatan wrote:

Richard Huxton wrote:

Can anyone tell me if Pl/PgSQL can support a multi dimensional array (of up to 5 levels top I guess) with about 100,000 values?
and does it stress the system too much?

I can't imagine it being wonderful - you probably want a different procedural language. Or a different approach come to think of it - can I ask what you are using 5D arrays with 100,000 values for?

Indeed you can my good sir :)

Im going to insert into one table a list of about 3.5 million products each day, thouse products also contain data about their own categories.

Now I receive all of this data every day and I need to delete all of the previous data each time and insert the new one. In order to create the category table (tree table) I want to create an array out of the categories information at the products and then insert it into the the categories table (the tree :)).

I would be tempted use an external perl script to receive the data and insert it into the database, building the categories tree as it did so.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

Sadly im not familiar with Perl...