Janning Vygen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I was just testing some configuration settings, especially increasing
> shared_buffers and setting fsync to false. And suddenly it happens 3 times
> out of ten that i get this error.

Could you put together a complete example --- that is a script someone
else could run to see this error from a standing start?

> It seems to me that setting fsync to false was not a good idea...

fsync per se is not relevant, unless maybe you were power-cycling the
machine.  Still it might be interesting to ask how you were stopping and
restarting the postmaster...

                        regards, tom lane