The oid in question does not correspond to a relfilenode, and oid2name -o 94144936 doesn't return anything when run against the database in question.

Could this be related to temp tables? We use a lot of them in data imports, and this was a point of discussion on IRC.

Having a limited understanding of postgres internals, I apologize if any of the following sound like nonsensically wild hairs:

Does VACUUM (under the auspices of pg_autovacuum) attempt to vacuum temp tables, which are otherwise not visible outside of a given session?

Does bgwriter operate on temp tables, and could there exist an edge condition in which bgwriter might have scheduled a write to disk for a file corresponding to a temp table that was removed by sudden termination of the session in which the temp table existed such that the file was removed?

One of the puzzling things to me, for instance, is that this error persisted, so we're wondering if maybe bgwriter refused to do any more writing because the thing it was scheduled to write ceased to exist without telling it.

In the aftermath, a pg_dump (combined with pg_restore for verification) completed successfully. Do I still have cause for concern?

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect

Strategic Open Source: Open Your i™