Hannes Dorbath wrote:
On 15.07.2005 08:51, Ezequiel Tolnay wrote:

The main problem I see is that the funcitions in PostgreSQL seem to be always bound to a particular result datatype. Is there a way to circumvent this?

I tried to find a solution for this as well some time ago. I don't believe there is a practical way. It's only a guess, maybe this "strong typing" helps the planer / optimizer in some way..

If that's not what you want, you can always return text (structure it how you like) or a cursor-reference.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd