To: "Ets ROLLAND" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 11:01 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Bad locking with MS-Access

Ets ROLLAND schrieb:

For all the data created BEFORE the transfert to PostgreSQL, all works fine. For the records created SINCE this transfert, it is impossible to modify or delete these records !? MS-Access say that "The record is acceded by an other user", even I am the only user.

As Richard wrote in his mail, do set row versioning in the ODBC setup.
Have a primary key in every table and a timestamp.
Be careful not to use to big data types in PG that aren't supportet by Access.

Use timestamp(0) to get timestamps compatible to Access' DateTime values. Use serial or serial4 to create auto-values. Don't use any bigint-types like bigserial. Access doesn't like 8-byte-ints. Keep in mind that Access' autovalues are signed, so they'll roll over at about 2 billion.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

      match