Chris Guo wrote:

Dear all,

We are using Fedora Core 3 in our company, and we installed postgresql 8.0.3 as the database system. I wonder if anybody has the start up script for this version so we can start postgresql service automatically after we reboot the server.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Chris

personally i use something like this on my rc.local:

rm -f /opt/pgsql-8.0.3/dbdata/postmaster.pid
sudo -u pgsql /opt/pgsql-8.0.3/bin/pg_ctl -o -i -D /opt/pgsql-8.0.3/dbdata/ -l /opt/pgsql-8.0.3/dbdata/logfile start

does the job, but i'm not sure i'd recommend it... ;)

best regards.