James Cradock wrote:
Hello.

I'm getting an Out Of Memory error when I try to create a GiST index on a geometry column (PostGIS) with approximately 33,000,000 rows. I can truncate the data in the table, create the GiST index on the empty table, but when I try to reload the data via pg_restore I get the error. I get the error also if I try creating the GiST index on the table with the 33,000,000 rows.

Are there limitations with the GiST index? Has anyone seen this?

I seem to remember mention of memory-leak fixes being applied to the GiST code not too long back - might be worth checking the archives for the bug/hackers list.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

      match