On Sep 26, 2005, at 12:43 PM, Raj Gupta wrote:

 While migrating a table, we got the following error:

ERROR: could not write block 2830 of relation 1663/2276041/4965853: Operation not permitted

This came when pg was trying to create an index on the relation. Has anyone seen this behavior before? Are we doing something wrong?

This is during the pg_restore step when loading your data into the 8.0.3 instance? it looks suspiciously like some sort of low-level fault. Try running some hardware diags on your system.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend