Tom Lane wrote on 27.09.2005 03:19:
Thomas Kellerer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I'm trying to change the server messages back to english (initdb created 'German_Germany.1251' because I'm running a German Windows) by setting the lc_messages property to 'C'. But the messages from e.g. pgsql or pg_ctl still show up in German.

What PG version is that, and on exactly what version of Windows?  There
are some ugly Windows-specific kluges in pg_locale.c ... maybe your copy
doesn't have them, or the code still doesn't work on your Windows
version.

Sorry for not posting that right away.
It's PG 8.0.3 and Windows 2000 (German)

Regards