Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
Hi list,

I am trying to transfer the following from MySQL to PostgreSQL:

load data local infile 'D:/tmp/InterAcces- MySQL/03102005/bedrijven.txt'
into table bedrijven
fields terminated by ',' optionally enclosed by '^' lines terminated by ';\r\n';

Is there a way to do this without changing the file (this file is delivered by
a 3rd party)? Btw, I am on the win32 platform.

Normally, I'd pipe it through a Perl filter into a COPY FROM STDIN command. Not sure what you'll have installed on Windows.

Oh - and you might need to correct some of the data if MySQL isn't being strict enough.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq