Argh!  That's some sed coolness :)

Chris

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 04:46:12PM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

If you have huge plain text dumps, and just want to restore one table it's usually painful. Attached is a small shell script that can take a plain text dump and extract a single table's COPY data commands from it.

If people think it's interesting and should be developed, I can pop it on pgfoundry or something.

Hmm, what I usually use is:

bzcat $file | sed -ne "/^COPY \"$table\" /,/^\\\.\$/p"

However, error checking and wrapping it into a script is a good idea.
If it got given a couple of switches to control the output, maybe we
can have a pg_restore for text dumps :)

Have a nice day,

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq