On Oct 11, 2005, at 3:07 PM, Florian G. Pflug wrote:

On the whole, the update as quite easy ride, but I'd still recommend you to test all aspects of your software after the migration, since 8.0 isn't bug-for-bug compatible with 7.4

I'll second this. One thing we found out too, was we also upgrade DBD::Pg which introduced some incompatibilities with respect to placeholders. They are now always treated as strings unless otherwise specified, and that doesn't always work with Pg 8.0.

Our specific case was a query that did something like this:

  CURRENT_DATE - ?

if the parameter is substituted as '3' it fails, but just plain 3 works. So watch for things like this too.

              http://archives.postgresql.org