On 8 Nov 2005, at 12:50, Tino Wildenhain wrote:

Evandro's mailing lists (Please, don't send personal messages to this address) schrieb:

Hi guys,
I would like to know if it is possible to have more than 1600 columns on windows without recompiling postgres.

I would like to know who on earth needs 1600 columns and even beyond?
Hint: you can have practically unlimited rows in your n:m table :-)

Well this screams random arbitrary limit to me. Why does this limit exist? What ever happened to the holy 0,1,infinity triumvirate?

  • ... Randal L. Schwartz
    • ... Evandro's mailing lists (Please, don't send personal messages to this address)
      • ... Richard Huxton
      • ... John D. Burger
        • ... Jim C. Nasby
        • ... Evandro's mailing lists (Please, don't send personal messages to this address)
          • ... Tino Wildenhain
          • ... Chris Travers
    • ... Alex Stapleton
      • ... Scott Marlowe