Carlos Correia wrote on 06.12.2005 21:13:

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
| Hi,
| I'm about to start a new project where the first task is to design a
| database. I'm looking for some tool that will allow me to model the
| tables and relationships graphically, UML or similar, and then let me
| generate the SQL with PostgreSQL flavor. What's the best tools out
| there? Are there any open source alternatives?
|
| Kind regards,
| Thomas Hallgren
|

| ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
| TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
|       choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not
|       match

Hi,

Perhaps, you'll like this one:
http://www.memoriapersistente.pt/en/opensource/gaudi/index.html

Regards,

I tried to run this (under Windows) but after selecting the database I always get the following exception:

at com.m16e.free.tools.xgui.XGuiFactory.readLayout(XGuiFactory.java:1152)
        at com.m16e.dbed.DbEditor.showFrame(DbEditor.java:254)
        at com.m16e.dbed.DbEditor.main(DbEditor.java:400)
Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name i18n/xgui-locale, locale de_DE at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:839)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:808)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:552)
at com.m16e.free.tools.i18n.MpBundle.setBundleFile(MpBundle.java:35)
        at com.m16e.free.tools.xgui.XGuiBundle.<init>(XGuiBundle.java:62)
        at com.m16e.free.tools.xgui.XGuiBundle.<clinit>(XGuiBundle.java:57)
        ... 3 more

I fiddled around with the locale settings in dbeditor.properties but to no avail. I even created a file i18n/xgui-locale.properties (and one xgui-locale_de.properties) but to no avail.

What am I missing here?

Regards
Thomas

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster