You are wrong, you can make updatable views.

Yes you can but not out of the box. You have to write some rules to make this go, isn't it ?

I think the point is that out of the box, yes you can create an updateable view using rules.

You can not just say: create view and have it updateable but the rules are rather trivial.

Joshua D. Drake

    Aly.

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq