Marcus Couto wrote:
Here's a basic question. On working with backing up and restoring it
seems like if I keep on doing it in a row, the backup file size keeps
on increasing in size. It almost doubles in size for every
backup/restore. I want the restore the backup to overwrite the
database and not add to it. Is there another procedure I'm missing or
a parameter I'm not using right with pg_restore and pg_dump?

If I were to ask you about vacuum-ing would you know what I was talking about? If not, check the manuals and read up on the topic.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

      match