Hi,

On 31.01.2006 10:33, Howard Cole wrote:
Now when the Database server is running on a linux server, I can run ps and pick the sessions that I want to kill. However how can I do this on windows? Is there a psql command to kill sessions?

As this is a bit hard to accomplish with Windows' own task manager, get SysInternals free Process Explorer from here http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html and after starting it, use Find -> Find Handle (CTRL + F) and search for "postgres:". This will give you a similar output like "ps aux|grep postgres:" on Linux.

If you then select on of the shown processes it will select the right process in the main window, where you can right click and select "Kill process" (DEL).

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Oliver

      match