I haven't compiled it myself, but a guess would be if you installed XCode (which comes with gcc, and should have most if not all the libs needed) it's a matter of grabbing the source, untarring it, running ./ configure in the src dir, make, and make install, etc. (Follow the normal build instructions)

Good luck!

Gavin