Antimon wrote:
Just noticed,
On windows, these results are produced.
But on linux, postgresql performs great. So postgre has a bad windows
integration than mysql. Well since it supports win32 for a long time,
it makes sense.
I did some "multi client" tests and postgre could not even catch mysql
so i decided to go test it on my linux box. It seems that the
performance issue is about windows version.

Part of the problem may be the connection penalty on Windows. Since PostgreSQL is a processed based database (mySQL is threaded I believe) it is expensive (resource wise) to fire a bunch of connections.

You may be able to get similar performance if you were to use pconnect or connection pooling with PHP and PostgreSQL.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

                     http://www.commandprompt.com/

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster