On Apr 19, 2006, at 20:31 , chris smith wrote:

On 4/19/06, Kynn Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I keep bumping against this situation: I have a main database A, and I want to implement a database B, that is distinct from A, but subordinate to it,
meaning that it refers to data in A, but not vice versa.

I don't simply want to add new tables to A to implement B, because this unnecessarily clutters A's schema with tables that entirely extraneous to
it.

How about putting B's tables in a separate schema in the same database as A?

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

              http://archives.postgresql.org