"Michael L. Boscia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> My current plan is selectively dump a portion of the data (most current,
> organized in tables by date ex xxx_2006_may) and reload.  I plan to vaccuum
> each table before dumping.  Please warn me if this is not enough.  Any
> assistance is greatly appreciated.

Do NOT vacuum.  There is zero potential upside and it might delete some
of your data.

It might be worthwhile to try to set the transaction counter back ---
depends on whether you are more worried about losing the oldest data or
newest data.  Or you could take two sets of dumps and compare.

                        regards, tom lane

       match