Daniel Verite wrote:
        Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
The basic setup is that Postfix hands the email to a program called dbmail-smtp which parses and insert the message into the database. DBMail doesn't know anything about encoding.
That's precisely what SQL_ASCII is for. Why not stay with it?

Well for one thing, you can't set encoding on a per column, or even per table basis, you have to set it for the whole database. I have all the DBMail data inside of our company database that uses UTF8.