On 6/7/2006 4:34 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> At the same time, it strikes me that at least the userlock stuff, and
> maybe dbmirror as well, are candidates for pgfoundry rather than
> contrib/

We'd already agreed to move dbmirror to pgfoundry, but it just didn't
get done for 8.1.  I had not thought of pgfoundry as a reasonable
solution for userlock, but maybe that's the best thing to do with it.

A better idea would be to contact the module authors and get them to
relicense, but that might be hard.  Dal Zotto at least hasn't been
seen on these lists for a long time :-(

Here is the most recent feedback we have from Massimo:

 http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2001-08/msg01001.php

 > Regarding the licencing of the code, I always release my code under GPL,
 > which is the licence I prefer, but my code in the backend is obviously
 > released under the original postgres licence. Since the module is loaded
 > dynamically and not linked into the backend I don't see a problem here.
 > If the licence becomes a problem I can easily change it, but I prefer the
 > GPL if possible.

Which means thus far he did not agree to the license change. Can we just move the stuff over to pgfoundry and be done with it?

Jan

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend