On 7/13/06, David Fetter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 11:37:04PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > select oid::regprocedure from pg_proc where proname like 'your
> > name here';
>
> Nope, because regprocedureout doesn't include argument names (nor
> modes).  I think the best way ATM is to look directly at
> pg_proc.proargnames :-(

whoop! misread it :)

Back when, I submitted a psql patch to get the input names along with
their types.  Shall I dig up that code this weekend?

that would be great, although is there any concern about backwards
compatibility of regprocedure cast? would it be safer to make a new
cast?  also, does your patch account for in/out?

merlin

              http://archives.postgresql.org