On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 10:52:24PM +0200, Rodion Raskolnikov wrote:

> now i dont remember SYNTAX what we use when we export db.

You need to use the _latest_ pg_dump.  If you used the 7.2 pg_dump,
it for sure won't work.

There are functional changes between 7.2 and 8.1 that might make this
upgrade a little tough.  Test everything very carefully.

It is possible that it will go more smoothly if you first upgrade to
7.4, and then dump from that to 8.1.  I can't say for sure.

Andrew Sullivan  | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.
                --George Orwell

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend