"Alistair Bayley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On 18/08/06, Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I guess the question is whether, when Windows is using this setting,
>> it tracks British summer time rules or not.  Would someone check?

> What would a reasonable check be? I can start the Windows command
> prompt and type "time /t" which gives me the current local time
> (adjusted for daylight savings). In the Windows Date/Time dialogue
> there is a "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes"
> checkbox, which is checked. I don't know what registry setting this
> maps to, though.

Hm.  It kinda sounds like you might get true GMT if that box is not
checked, and the equivalent of Europe/London if it is checked.

I have a vague recollection that we discussed this before and determined
that there's no direct way for a program to find out if that box is
checked though?

                        regards, tom lane