Oops, knew I forgot something. Here are the settings from our postgresql.conf I beilive it's set to allow autovac to work and nothing else.

# - Query/Index Statistics Collector -

stats_start_collector = on
stats_command_string = off
stats_block_level = off
stats_row_level = on
#stats_reset_on_server_start = off

- E

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
Eci Souji wrote:

We have a 4x 2.4ghz Opteron box w/ 8 gigs of ram running a very busy pg 8.1.4 server. Upon startup we see around 15-20 "statistics buffer is full" messages and they repeat at random times throughout the day. During peak times the box sometimes seems to grind to a halt. Any thoughts?

Do you have stats_command_string on?

Joshua D. Drake

- E

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq