Hi all,

I am (re)writing a backup program and I want to add a section for backing up pSQL DBs. In the planning steps (making sure a given destination has enough space) I try to calculate how much space will be needed by a 'pg_dump' run *before* actually dumping it.

Is there a relatively easy way to do that? Moreso, if it possible to do this from an unpriviledged account? If not, is there a way to add the permissions to a specific pg user to allow that user to perform this?

  Thanks in advance!

Madison