Dear Martijn,

Wow, didn't know about arrays.  Did lots of sql, but, as I think about it,
that was 7 years ago, and we didn't know about arrays then

Are their performance problems with arrays?  We will not likely be working
with more than 50,000 - 100,000 records.

Ben

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Benjamin Weaver
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, pgsql-general@postgresql.org writes:
> On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 04:36:49PM +0000, Benjamin Weaver wrote:
> > Dear PostGreSQL experts,
> >

> > I am working with text objects. A text object will have lots of fields
that
> > are potentially multiple. There may be more than one author, more than one
> > modern editor, more than one edition number, etc.
>
> Have you considered using arrays?
>
> Have a nice day,
> --
> Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog@svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/
> > From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to
litigate.

--
Benjamin Weaver
Faculty Research Associate, Imaging Papyri Projects, Herculaneum Society,

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend