> >I would like to know if there is a way to pass an argument to ./configure
> >to consider compiling with a specific python version ? coz i have many
> >python versions in the system .I presume that configure would check for
> >the /usr/bin/python alone, but what if i want /usr/bin/python2.5 to be
> >compiled in ?
>
> Have a look at ./configure --help

ya had looked at '--with-python' option but that is where my question arises -
it looks at default python (/usr/bin/python) and not /usr/local/bin/python2.5
which i need for PL/Python functionality in PG 8.2.1
one solution is to soft link the /usr/bin/python to /usr/local/bin/python2.5
but i donot want to change the default python on the system as some other
programs depend on it.
so i am looking for a flexibility in configuring PG that it created python
modules  with python2.5 only.
any ideas ?

regards,
KM