On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 12:17:52PM -0800, Ben wrote:
> familiar with Slony, and from what I understand, using Slony with bad
> networks leads to bad problems. I'm also not sure that Slony supports
> replicating from multiple sources to the same postgres install, even if
> each replication process is writing to a different schema.

Yes, you can have multiple origins into the same database, without a
problem.  I'd be worried for sure about the network unreliability,
though.  You might, however, be able to do this usefully using the
log shipping features of Slony.

I would _not_ worry about the outbound replication from the centre,
assuming that the changes are infrequent.

Andrew Sullivan  | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland