Walter Vaughan wrote:

This may not help, but I noticed using pgAdminIII, you can create a procedure or a function, but they seem to have the same creation interface and use the same icon.

A procedure is a function that returns null.

You'll note if you create a procedure under pgAdminIII, it gets saved under functions, not under procedures.

I spent a couple of minutes a few days back trying to find all the procedures I'd just created only to note that they were in fact sitting under functions. I couldn't see them under procedures, but when I tried to create them again I was told they already existed... it was hair pulling stuff there for a couple of minutes.

--
Paul Lambert
Database Administrator

      match