Hello,

Tried to install 8.2, configuration passed, but when running "gmake", got the following error, any clues?

Please provide more details -- what operating system is this?

i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.3.2

Step1
========
./configure --prefix=/local/postgresql --datadir=/postgreSQL_data --without-docdir --without-readline --disable-spinlocks --without-zlib

Please note that --datadir does not do what you seem to think.  Remove
it, because it's going to cause other problems further on.  Also, if you
need --disable-spinlocks, your installation is not going to perform very
well; did you try without that?

I am not super user for this Linux OS! I can only access my directories.

Specified --datadir=/postgreSQL_data
because my previous version 8.0.0 DATA was there (which is not used anymore)

I do not care the spinlocks for now.

Thanks!