George Pavlov wrote:
Currently "ALTER TABLE ... RENAME TO ..." results in all views that
refer to the table to be rewritten with the new table name. This is a
good thing in the general case, but there are also situations where it
is not (e.g. temporarily renaming tables for data reorg reasons). I
can't seem to find a clean way to only rename the table without causing
change to the view. The ONLY keyword does not work in this case.
Anything I am missing (short of re-creating all views). I am on 8.1.

It'll either rename in all views, or not happen at all. Otherwise, there'd be nothing to stop you replacing the table with one that has an incompatible definition.

Is this something you do regularly, and if so what are you trying to achieve?

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

      match