Hi,
this one has been finally put to bed!!

--
Regards

Andrew

On 01/03/07, Andrew Madu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Guys,
I'm completely stumped with this one!

I've included ActiveRecord::Base.set_sequence_name in my environment.rb,
and in my user.rb I've placed the following code:

class Usertbl < ActiveRecord::Base
    set_primary_key "user_id"
    set_sequence_name "seq_user_mytable"
    validates_uniqueness_of :userpassword, :username, :scope => :user_id
end

From http://localhost:3000/usertbl/new I then attempt to enter a new a
record and receive the following error message:

RuntimeError: ERROR     C23502  Mnull value in column "user_id" violates
not-null constraint

FexecMain.c     L1795   RExecConstraints: INSERT INTO usertbl

Oh my head hurts!!