Naz Gassiep пишет:
This doesn't answer your question, but I thought I'd throw my opinion in anyway.

My personal view is that in general, binary files have no place in databases. Filesystems are for files, databases are for data. My design choice is to store the files in a fileystem and use the database to hold metadata as well as a pointer to the file.

By the way, not exactly the same case, but just some pros and cons:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:WebObjects/Web_Applications/Development/Database_vs_Filesystem