  From: Suresh Nimbalkar
  To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
  Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 1:29 PM
  Subject: [GENERAL] Password authentication failed

  Hi!

  I am a complete newbee to Postgres. Have installed Postgres on Windows 2003
server SP1 a week back. When I try to log-in to the server (by writting psql
mydb at command prompt in postgres/bin directory), I keep getting a message
"psal: FATAL: password authentication failed for user"Administrator".

  I have installed Postgres as an Administrator and log-in to the server as
administrator. I don't think I am making mistake in entering the password.

  It's quite frustrating. Will someone please help?

  Thanks and regards
  Vedsur

  Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.