> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote :
> Cyril VELTER wrote:
> >
> >     I'm trying to upgrade a pretty big database (60G) from postgres 8.0 to
> > postgres 8.2 on windows 2000 Server (both version running on the same
machine
> > on different ports). During the migration process, I always get an error at

> > some point (never the same) :
>
> Interesting. 10035 is "A non-blocking socket operation could not be
> completed immediatly".
> Question: Does this error come fromthe 8.0 or the 8.2 server?

        It comes from the 8.2 server message log

> Also, do you use SSL?

        No I'm not. It's not even complied in the server nor in the pg_dump
binary.

        The server is built on windows using MSYS simply with ./configure &&
make all
&& make install

        I've been able to reproduce the problem 6 times (at random points in
the
process, but it never complete successfully). Is there any test I can do to
help investigate the problem ?

        cyril

> //Magnus

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend