Lee Keel wrote:
Thanks to everyone for their input on this.  After reading all the emails
and some of the documentation (section 23.3), I think this is all a little
more than what I need.  My database is basically read-only and all I was
looking to do is to be able to take snap-shots of it and be able to restore
on a developer's machine and not take 30 hours.  So I was thinking I would
zip the data directories associated to my database, then the developer could
just copy the zip file and unzip in their own data directory.  My question
now is: what file would a developer need to change to add this new directory
to their database list, or will it just automatically show up when they
refresh the service?

You can't do a file-level backup of one database I'm afraid, only all databases in one installation.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd