ABHANG RANE wrote:
Hi,
I have redhat enterprpise release 4. I need to use the cube operator. Please can you let me know to install the necessary contrib modules. I tried to make in the directory of the contrib but it says

Makefile:23: ../../src/Makefile.global: No such file or directory
Makefile:24: /contrib/contrib-global.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/contrib/contrib-global.mk'.  Stop.

Since I ma a university student, there is postgre 7.4 in the shared directory and I have installed 8.2 version in a separate folder which is assigned to me.

1. You do know you can't install 8.2 contrib modules into 7.3 don't you?
2. If you want 7.4 contrib modules, try the official RPMs
3. If you are building 8.2 and its contrib, run ./configure, then make the main package, then run make in the contrib directory.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd