Does anyone know of any export or copy utility that runs on FreeBSD?
I basically need a program that will connect to one database, do a select and copy the result to a second database.

Alternatively a tool which would export the data in a format suitable to be loaded by psql is just fine.

Found some windows utilities that pretty much do what I need, but I need a utility that would run from a FreeBSD machine since the machines where the data will be getting moved are both FreeBSD and at a data center.

I am about to write a program for this in python, but if anyone knows of a utility would be great.

I will be doing queries like:
select  * from source table where <condition is true>

I found pgexport
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgexport/projdisplay.php, but it did not support the where clause and an email to the author bounced which I guess means he may no longer support the program. If the program wasn't in perl I wouldn't mind fixing it up. :-)
      match